April 3, 2011

An EGGceptional Idea For Spring


I was recently inspired with an idea when I visited the Pottery Barn in San Jose. I loved all of their spring decorations, but this "Happy Easter" display really caught my eye. It was hanging above one of their
dining room tables. 

While I was there, I picked up their spring catalog. The catalog showed the holiday eggs being used as center pieces on the table, too.


I wanted to make my own version of this spring display at Dolce Home, where I work as an  interior designer. Although they have the holiday eggs for sale at the store or online at Pottery Barn.com, I decided to make my own with a few changes. First, I wanted mine to be multi-colored. Instead of white eggs I chose light blue, light pink, and light yellow eggs from Joann Fabric and Craft Store. Second, I wanted to use a decorative ribbon instead of twine, so I chose a cream ribbon with scalloped edges. Next, I bought black scrapbook letters to use instead of painting on the letters. Last, I wanted the eggs to say
"Happy Spring" instead of "Happy Easter" so that the display could hang in the shop for all of spring!


Everyone who visits the shop loves our new spring display. So, thank you Pottery Barn for giving me the EGGcellent idea to create my own "Happy Spring" eggs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment